Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies

I've been on such a baking crazy lately, I can't keep up with my blog! It's becoming a compulsion...

I know everyone is always on the quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie (as am I) and I think this one may come pretty darn close. I got this recipe from my cousin, who got it from a friend, so my credit goes out to the both of them. The original recipe calls for nuts but I omitted just because I didn't have them around. I love chocolate chip cookies with walnuts though, and will definitely add them next time.

The result was a perfectly chewy middle with a slightly crisp edge, just the way I like it. They stayed this way for several days, although I can't give you an exact amount of time because they were all gone in less than a week.



Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yields 2 1/2 dozen cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup chopped nuts
8 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate*

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
Stir in flour with baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
Add nuts. Break or cut chocolate bar in to small chunks. Stir into dough.
Drop onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Cool.

*My cousin uses Trader Joe's Bittersweet pound plus bar (use half or more). I didn't have time to wait in the endless lines at Trader Joe's so I used regular semi-sweet chocolate chips for mine. I'll definitely have to try her way though!

2 comments:

Amy said...

kristen!! hey, it's me amy. i found your blog via face book :) what a baker you are!! looks amazing. wowsers...i'm adding you to my blog list :) your food makes me want to eat NOW!

lifesabatch said...

Thanks, Amy! :)